30 Minute Almond Butter Tofu Bowls with charred broccoli, scallions, and a creamy almond butter drizzle. These vegan, gluten free bowls are excellent for meal prep or weeknight dinner.
Tofu Rice Bowls:
When you’re on the hunt for a nutritious, better-than-takeout bowl that additionally occurs to vegan, this recipe is for you. It’s the right steadiness of fueling carbohydrates, plant-based protein, and fiber-packed veggies. Plus, it reheats higher than Friday night time’s pizza and can persuade your coworkers you splurged on Asian takeout for lunch.
Crispy and totally coated in an addictive, creamy sauce, this tofu will impress even the religious carnivores. You’ll be able to serve it over white or brown rice, quinoa, soba noodles, and even in lettuce wraps. And when you’re new to cooking tofu at dwelling, this recipe proves simply how easy and rewarding it may be. However, let’s first speak about this craveable, creamy almond butter scenario.
Almond Butter Sauce For Buddha Bowls:
This Asian-inspired sauce is scrumptious drizzled over your favourite salad, grain bowl, or roasted veggies. Almond butter has considerably of a candy taste, which balances the zest of ginger and lemon. Sesame oil performs effectively with soy sauce, including nutty depth plus a success of umami.
All nut butters are wealthy sources of heart-healthy fat, fiber, protein, and important nutritional vitamins and minerals. To not point out all kinds of key health-promoting compounds like carotenoids, polyphenols, and phytosterols. Nonetheless almond butter particularly stands out since this nut has extra vitamin E than another nut.
When searching for nut butters, search for ones with out added sugar or palm oil; the one two substances needs to be nuts and salt. I particularly love Dealer Joe’s model of creamy almond butter for its style and low value level. Nonetheless when you’re not close to a TJ’s, Complete Meals 365 model can be an awesome possibility.
What’s Tofu Made Of?
These plant-based blocks of goodness are created from soymilk that has been coagulated and both curdled and pressed into blocks (agency or extra-firm tofu) or left in its coagulated state to retain moisture (silken tofu). In consequence, tofu has a gentle, creamy mouthfeel and a gentle taste. It’s obtainable in an assortment of moisture ranges, nevertheless I want extra-firm for sautéing. Silken, however, is nice for mixing into creamy soups and sauces. Search for tofu within the refrigerated produce part of most grocery shops.
Is Tofu Good For You?
- Tofu is wealthy in calcium and protein (which ranges from about 4g in Three oz. of silken tofu to 10g in Three oz. of extra-firm tofu). It’s additionally a whole protein, due to this fact it comprises all 9 important amino acids. Moreover, it’s a prime supply of isoflavones, a sort of flavonoid that has estrogen-like results and will assist decrease the chance of sure cancers.
- Relating to shopping for natural vs. typical tofu, natural will make sure that the soybeans are non-GMO, so in my view, definitely worth the negligible further price.
The Greatest Strategy to Cook dinner Tofu:
It could appear intimidating at first, nevertheless I promise it’s one of many best proteins to prepare dinner. Tofu generally is a appropriate stand-in for many meats and tackle nearly any taste profile you throw its manner. When buying blocks of tofu packed in water (which assist protect and hold it recent), you should definitely drain the water and press any extra moisture out utilizing a kitchen towel.
Tofu tends to latch onto pans, due to this fact utilizing a nonstick pan will assist higher set you up for achievement with regards to sautéing. Use medium-high warmth and a impartial cooking oil (for instance, grapeseed, canola, or vegetable) for finest outcomes. Oh, and most significantly, keep away from over-crowding the pan when you’re searching for that crispy layer on the surface.
This recipe is nice for the novice tofu eater because it’s texture is crispy and taste is wealthy. Serve it over rice, soba noodles, quinoa, or your grain of alternative for a nutritious, well-rounded meal. It additionally holds up exceptionally effectively for leftovers (particularly with slightly sauce reserved on the facet).
Give this simple, make-ahead pleasant recipe a attempt for workday lunches or weeknight dinners. And lastly, don’t neglect to submit a photograph and tag #dishingouthealth so I can see your scrumptious creations!
Different Meal Prep Tofu Recipes:
30 Minute Black Pepper Tofu — reader favourite!
Simple Tofu Stir Fry with Peanut Satay Sauce
Sesame Cashew Tofu with Candy Potato Noodles
30 Minute Almond Butter Tofu Bowls
Creator: Jamie Vespa MS, RD
Recipe sort: Entree, Vegan
Cook dinner time:
30 Minute Almond Butter Tofu Bowls are vegan, gluten free, and excellent for meal prep!
- 1 (14-oz.) block extra-firm tofu, drained
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. lower-sodium tamari (sub soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. recent lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. floor ginger
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- Four Tbsp. impartial cooking oil (vegetable, canola, or avocado), divided
- 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized florets
- 1 bunch scallions
- Cooked jasmine rice or soba noodles for serving
- Slice tofu width-wise into 6 slices. Use a kitchen towel to softly press every slice to take away extra liquid; lower into 1-inch cubes.
- Put together almond butter sauce by combining almond butter, tamari, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and ¼ tsp salt in a medium bowl. Steadily whisk in 2 to three Tbsp heat water to achieve desired consistency; put aside.
- Warmth 2 Tbsp. of the oil in a big nonstick skillet over medium-high. Chop two-thirds of the scallions into 1-inch items (reserve remaining). Add to skillet, together with broccoli florets and ½ tsp salt. Toss greens with oil and prepare dinner, undisturbed, till broccoli is effectively charred on one facet, about Four minutes. Toss and proceed cooking till broccoli is crisp-tender, about 2 extra minutes. Switch veggies to a bowl.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp. oil to pan. Add tofu and prepare dinner, undisturbed, till crisp and golden brown beneath, Three to Four minutes. Toss and proceed cooking till crispy and golden on all sides, about eight to 9 minutes whole. Pour in half of almond butter sauce and toss repeatedly till sauce coats tofu and crispy browned bits kind. Take away from warmth.
- High rice or noodles evenly with broccoli, scallions, and tofu. Drizzle remaining almond butter sauce overtop, and finely slice remaining inexperienced onions for garnish.