Elite Baseball Improvement Podcast: Monitoring Arm Stress and Workload with Ben Hansen
Written on August 21, 2019 at 5:15 am, by Eric Cressey
We’re excited to welcome Ben Hansen, the Vice President of Biomechanics and Innovation at Motus World, to this week’s podcast. In lieu of a sponsor this week, we’ve simply bought a ultimate reminder that this week is the final likelihood to get the early fowl low cost on this 12 months’s fall seminar at CSP-MA. It takes place September 21-22; you possibly can study extra HERE.
- What led Ben to pursue a profession in biomechanics and wearable know-how
- How Motus World strives to affect the sport of baseball and the way their mannequin for creating wholesome arms has shifted over time
- What peer reviewed analysis says concerning the significance of joint torques and the way we should always interpret these metrics for predicting the chance of harm in baseball gamers
- What acute and persistent workloads are, and the way managing these variables can enable coaches to maintain their athletes wholesome and excessive performing
- Why pitchers ought to have individualized throwing packages to account for the varied variables that affect a participant’s well being
- How actually totally different catch play, flat floor, bullpen, pre-game, and in-game throws are, and the way coaches can extra precisely account for the stress they impose on pitchers all through a season
- How relaxation must be included right into a baseball gamers 12 months and why brief breaks throughout a season of heavy throwing could also be doing extra hurt than good for throwers
- What ballplayers ought to contemplate when deciding between persevering with to throw into the following season or shutting right down to relaxation
- What function mechanics performs within the well being of a throwing arm and the way widespread mechanical tendencies, just like the Tommy John Twist and the Inverted W, affect arm stress
- How fatigue is extra predictive of harm than mechanics
- Why constructing a sturdy work capability is extra essential for staying wholesome than mastering mechanics
- How dependable utilizing perceived effort is when creating and executing a throwing program
- Why professionals must rewrite the return to throwing program for widespread accidents in baseball
- The place extra analysis is required to additional perceive handle baseball arms
You may observe Ben on Twitter at @BenHansen9 and on Instagram at @MotusGlobal.
Should you like what you hear, we’d be thrilled if you happen to’d contemplate subscribing to the podcast and leaving us an iTunes evaluate. You are able to do so HERE.
And, we welcome your options for future friends and questions. Simply e mail [email protected]
Thanks in your continued help!
Signal-up At the moment for our FREE Baseball Publication and Obtain Instantaneous Entry to a 47-minute Presentation from Eric Cressey on Individualizing the Administration of Overhead Athletes!