Final Up to date:
This pepper steak recipe is simple with solely a handful of components. You’ll be shocked at how easy it’s to make!
Right here’s a standard false impression about Chinese language meals: individuals suppose it’s complicated with numerous uncommon components and too sophisticated for residence cooks. Immediately we’re going to show in any other case! Not solely are we going to make it less complicated, but in addition loads more healthy. Relaxation assured that the flavour will nonetheless be scrumptious. Your days of greasy Chinese language takeout are coming to an finish. Let’s get you ready!
What Is Chinese language Pepper Steak Made Of?
Pepper steak is a Chinese language-inspired dish that’s fashionable in America. It’s a stir-fried dish that consists of thinly sliced beef and bell peppers. Seasoning of the dish varies relying on the chef, however some fashionable components are ginger, garlic, honey or brown sugar (for sweetness), soy sauce (and generally oyster sauce), spring onions, crimson pepper flakes, and sesame seeds.
Since it’s a stir-fried dish, it tends to be greasy as eating places generally go a bit heavy on the oil. Whereas doing this may intensify the flavour of the dish, an excessive amount of makes it greasy and never many diners benefit from the robust perfume of oil.
Our recipe goes to be a bit totally different as we’re going to reduce the quantity of oil as a lot as attainable, making a lighter, more energizing dish. For this specific one, we’re going to depart out ginger, spring onions, and another components; however be happy to regulate to your liking. Think about our recipe as a basis and information so that you can construct your personal tackle pepper steak. Earlier than we crack on with the principle, let’s take into consideration the facet dishes.
What Do You Serve With Pepper Steak?
For a dish that’s filled with protein and greens like this, you may suppose it wouldn’t want any facet dish. Often, it’s served with rice, however at this time we’re considering exterior the field and have provide you with some various ideas to pair with pepper steak:
- Roasted candy potatoes: should you get pleasure from steak and fries, possibly you must strive serving candy potatoes together with your pepper steak. The savory honey and soy sauce mixture from the pepper steak ought to complement the sweetness of the potatoes. And vice versa, these beautiful potatoes with a crispy crust and tender heart will add extra texture distinction to the steak.
- Roasted pumpkin: pepper steak and roasted pumpkin may sound like an unconventional mixture, however they go surprisingly properly collectively. Whereas candy potato provides a distinction of texture, pumpkin provides one other dimension to the dish/an entire different stage with its distinctive texture. The candy pumpkin may even pair properly with honey from the sauce. To make roasted pumpkin, merely minimize into chunks, season with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs like thyme or rosemary. Bake till fork tender and serve together with your pepper steak.
- Quinoa: not like tender cooked rice, quinoa has a really attention-grabbing texture that falls between fluffy and chewy. Regardless of being excessive in carbs, quinoa is definitely good on your well being as it’s excessive in fiber and antioxidants. Right here’s an article on learn how to cook dinner quinoa if you need extra details about this fibrous grain.
How Many Energy Are in Chinese language Pepper Steak?
In accordance with our calculations, there are about 158 energy per serving on this Chinese language pepper steak recipe. For a important dish, this one could be very low in energy. Nonetheless, do be mindful that you will serve it with one or two sides, which is able to improve the general energy. So long as the energy of your mixture meal are about 750 or much less, you’re good to go.
Is Pepper Steak Wholesome?
Sure, this recipe is wholesome for you. Right here’s why:
To start with, test the vitamin information beneath. You possibly can see that this pepper steak recipe is low on carbohydrates, so would additionally work properly for low-carb dieters.
Concurrently being a low-carb, low-fat dish, it’s also filled with micronutrients and supplies about 80% of your each day vitamin C consumption. That quantity of vitamin C comes from the bell peppers. Our physique can’t produce vitamin C and the one approach for us to get it’s by way of meals. If you need to be taught extra about vitamin C, right here is an article you may wish to take a look at.
How To Make Pepper Steak Recipe
Cook dinner Time 20 minutes
Whole Time 30 minutes
This pepper steak recipe is one in every of our favourite Chinese language recipes. It comes collectively in just a few minutes, and in contrast to these greasy takeouts, this one is more healthy and low-carb. Don’t be shocked if it tastes simply pretty much as good because the restaurant’s (and even higher)!
- 300 grams rump steak thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 15.9 oz bell peppers three medium sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce divided
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Freshly cracked black pepper to style
Observe Wholesome Kitchen 101 on Pinterest
In a skillet, warmth 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium warmth. Add the sliced bell peppers and stir fry for three minutes or till simply tender. Then take away to a plate and put aside.
Add the remaining oil to the skillet and switch the warmth as much as excessive. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the marinated steak to the skillet and cook dinner, stirring continuously, for five minutes or till evenly browned. Return the bell peppers to the skillet.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water.
Add to the skillet 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, honey, and the cornstarch combination. Cook dinner for two minutes or till thickened.
Season with black pepper and serve.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 17g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3528IU | Vitamin C: 144mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg