We turned obsessive about this recipe again in our uncooked meals days and have been making it each summer time since. It’s the epitome of August cooking – easy and fully reliant on the sun-fed brightness of peak season tomatoes. This marinara goes nicely with zucchini noodles for a very uncooked meal, however for those who’re over zoodles, it’s nice tossed with actual pasta as nicely. It additionally makes for an incredible chilly pasta salad dressing.
We hope you’re having fun with these toasty days of late summer time. We’ll be posting rather less incessantly till September, simply to soak all of it in. Sending you all of the love and hugs!
P.S. Click on right here for a bonus recipe for the simplest, most satisfying Summer time Curry that we posted over on Instagram.
No-Cook dinner Marinara Sauce
- Three massive heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes, or the equal in cherry tomatoes – minimize in chunks
- 2-Three halves sun-dried tomatoes – soaked in sizzling water for just a few min if not oil-packed
- 1-2 mushy Medjool dates – pits eliminated
- 1-2 garlic cloves – roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 packed cup contemporary basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1-2 leaves or 1 teaspoon of contemporary oregano (elective)
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper – to style
- extra halved cherry tomatoes – for serving (elective, we love utilizing Solar Golds right here)
- Mix the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, dates, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, oregano (if utilizing), sea salt, and black pepper in a meals processor. Course of briefly pulses, in order to not whip an excessive amount of air into the marinara, till clean. Style for salt and pepper and alter if wanted.
- Serve the marinara over pasta or noodles of selection, garnished with extra basil and halved cherry tomatoes, if utilizing. Maintain refrigerated in an hermetic container for as much as four days.