August 31, 2017
: Eight balls
: 1 min
: 2 min
: Three min
These tremendous straightforward porridge balls are nice for a fast, wholesome, non-messy breakfast OR snacks for babyledweaners 6mo+. Even Mum and Dad eat them through the week as snacks. Straightforward to choose up for small fists/palms and are an awesome snack to take with you out and about. Be at liberty to combine it up and add additional components equivalent to chia seeds, sunflower feeds, pumpkins seeds and many others … it’s also possible to freeze these Porridge balls for as much as 3months and use as a breakfast or snack every time your like! Easy methods to freeze? Dry freeze them! Easy methods to dry freeze? Lay all balls so they don’t seem to be touching onto a tray with baking paper and place tray into the freezer. As soon as the balls have been dry freezed, you may then put all of the balls into a zipper lock luggage all collectively they usually should not then stick to one another. You’ll be able to take the Porridge balls out within the morning and place them into the microwave for 15sec 👍 Then serve. Tremendous straightforward!!
- 1/2 cup fast oats (approx 50 grams)
- 1/2 cup full fats milk (approx 100ml)
- a small handful of blueberries or chopped up sultanas or raisins
- a sprinkle of cinnamon or blended spice
- Step 1 Chop up a small handful of sultanas or raisins for younger bubs 6mo+ (or hold the raisins complete for bubs 12mo+)
- Step 2 On a low warmth, on a range prime add oats, milk, sultanas and sprinkle cinnamon and persistently stir the components collectively for approx 1-2min till you may have achieved a creamy gluggy texture (observe: add a little bit extra milk if wanted). As soon as a creamy gluggy texture, take away from warmth, let the combination cool, then along with your palms begin rolling small handfuls of the porridge into balls. (Ball dimension: for bubs 6mo-8.5mo make the porridge balls sufficiently big for bub to place them into her/his palms/fist, 8.5mo+ you may make them a little bit smaller as per pic). Both serve right away heat to bub OR roll all balls and hold them within the fridge in a hermetic container and use for breakfast or snacks all through the week!.
- Step 3 TIPS!! for breakfast: serve heat or chilly (nice for teething infants). For snacks: hold the porridge balls within the fridge for as much as Three days and serve to bub both chilly OR reheat a little bit to make them heat (i simply serve them chilly as snacks!). Hold a batch within the fridge for snacks additionally for Mum and Dad. They’re tremendous tasty!